GENERAL RULES OF THE SCHOOL:
- Although the school is meant primarily for students from the Garhwal hills, other children irrespective of caste and creed may also be admitted.
- Students are not granted leave of absence unless their parents/guardians send in an applicationfor serious reasons only.
- When a student falls ill, the Principal should be informed at the earliest and when he/she rejoins school, he/she must bring the excuse duly entered on the LEAVE & ABSENCE RECORD in the calendar, signed by the parent/guardian failing which he may be refused admission to class or fined.
- A student coming late to school will not be admitted to class unless he/she brings a written excuse from home on the LATE ATTENDANCE RECORD. Perpetual late comers may be fined/given punishment.
- No student is allowed to leave the school premises during school hours without permission of the Principal.
- Parents should send an application in advance to the Principal in case they want their ward back home before the school gets over.
- Irregular attendance, habitual idleness, disobedience or improper behaviour towards the teachers and fellow-students –both inside and outside school– are sufficient reasons for dismissal of a student.
- In case of illness, a medical certificate must be produced within three days of absence of the student.
- If a student continues to be absent for a month, without the prior written permission of the Principal, his/her name will be struck off the roll and in case of his/her rejoining, the re-admission fee will be charged.
- Running about and playing or shouting inside the school is strictly forbidden.
- Student found guilty of vandalism will have to pay the fine of equal amount for the damaged property.
- Students should see that they do not throw pieces of paper, waste etc. anywhere in the school premises. They should use the waste paper baskets and dust-bins provided for this purpose.
- Chalks should be used very judicially. Playing with chalks may result expulsion of a student from the school.
- All the students are expected to come to school daily in freshly laundered uniforms with clean socks and polished shoes.
- A student whose dress is improper or appearance is untidy may be refused to be accepted in the class.
- At the first bell, before the assembly, all must take their allotted places in silence. After the assembly they are expected to go to their respective classes quietly. Pupils must cultivate the habit of quiet, controlled movement and speech.
- The monitor assumes responsibility for order and discipline of the class when the teacher is absent.
- When the students need to move along the corridors while the classes are in progress, they should do so silently.
- No books – other than required for the classes or borrowed from the school library – and newspapers, periodicals, comics or leaflets may be brought to school.
- The school is not responsible for books, money, clothes, etc. lost. The students should look after their belongings themselves. They are advised not to bring valuables to school. Any valuable, including vehicle brought to the school by a student may be confiscated and handed over to the police. A student found with a Cell-Phone, I-Pad, Data Card etc.will be rusticated.
- Students are expected to take part in the school’s extra-curricular activities such as dramatics, displays, excursions, matches, debates, etc. when and where they are asked to do so.
- No outings, picnics or social get-togethers shall be arranged/organised by anyone without the explicit permission of the Principal and written notice to the parents.
- No collections will be done by students / teachers on any account without specific permission of the Principal. Written notice will be sent to the parents to this effect.
- Within the school premises the students must converse in English.
- Parents are requested to co-operate with the staff in enforcing regularity and discipline by seeing that their wards prepare their lessons, do their home-work as shown in their diaries and by taking an active and helpful interest in the activities of the school.
- Parents are expected to sign the progress reports and remarks from the teachers sent to them through the school diaries. The students will not be admitted to classes otherwise.
- Parents/guardians are allowed to meet the teachers on Open House Days. They are not allowed to meet the students or interact with the teachers during school hours and much less ask the helpers and peons to do so, without the permission of the Principal.
- Parents are requested not to engage the teachers of the school for tuitions without the prior permission of the school authorities.
- Parents are requested not to send gifts of any kind to the employees and staff, connected in any manner whatsoever, directly or indirectly.
- Non-Sikh boys will take close-haircut every month. Fashion-Model’s haircut is not accepted in the school.
- Lending and borrowing of money and other articles is not permitted. Students indulging in such activities may be rusticated.
- The students of Omkarananda Saraswati Nilayam should be recognised for their politeness, courtesy in speech and conduct. They should always remember that the reputation of the school is judged by their conduct.
- They should greet teachers whenever and wherever they meet them. They must demonstrate full respect to their parents & elders.
- Every student must attend the school assembly and be punctual and regular. Defaulters will be suitably punished.
- If by chance, some children miss their bus, they should not try to go home by themselves but immediately inform the office.
- Students are answerable to the school authorities for their conduct both inside and outside the school. Hence, misbehaviour in public places and conveyances justifies dismissal. The bringing of weapons (knives, chains, etc.) to school, smoking and use of tobacco products or use of alcohol inside and outside the campus, shall attract instant dismissal.
- Accidents: Although the school takes all normal precautions, it does not take any responsibility for accidents, minor or major.
- All students visiting the school or coming to the school for any purpose, even when they are on any kind of leave, must be seen on school campus in school uniform. Students coming for collection of any kind of certificate also must come in school uniform.
Every Saturday will be a half day.